August 11, 2009

Fresh Fig Muffin

Before I watch "Julie and Julia", I knew even it was crappy, I would still like it just because I do cook and blog as what the movie is about. But then it turns out to be a delightful movie that I enjoyed a lot.

Beside the cooking and blogging parts that relate to me......

- Meryl Streep is such a superb actress that really enlightened the character of Julia Child. You don't need to actually know Julia Child, but you know how vivid and alive she was.

- both Julia and Julie's loving husbands are, honestly, just the supporting roles in the movies. Yet their presence portrays a love of one's husband, a love of feeding them. Food is love.

- it is a movie about women that is not about eagerly pursuit of men. The marriage is surely one of the crucial elements, but it's not the main focus. It's about women who enjoy the joy of cooking.

- I love Stanley Tucci. I liked the combination of him and Meryl Streep as in "The Devil Wears Panda". It's him who makes even a tiny role outstandingly catchy. In the movie, they both might not make a very good-looking couple (Julie Child was too well-built), but even their every quiet moment being together is lovely and sexy. I could deeply feel their every kiss.

- I think the movie without Julie Powell would definitely be also a good movie. But I do enjoy watching that segment. It might sound unrealistic, but she does comfort someone who loves to cook but has a tiny kitchen. The lobster scene is planned to be a silly laugh, but I still found it funny. I did laugh out loud.

In case you haven't watched it and you are going to, I highly recommend you go with someone who also cooks and blogs (well, at least cooks). I'm sure you don't wanna be like me who had so much to express after watching the movie, but then you couldn't share with your partner who barely cooks.

(makes 12 regular-sized muffins)
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp baking soda
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup plain yogurt
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup figs, chopped and tossed with 1 tbsp flour
1/2 cup raisins

Directions:

Preheat over to 375F. Grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners.

In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar.

In another bowl, mix together eggs, yogurt and melted butter.

With the mixer on low speed, beat in the flour mixture until just combined.

Gently fold in figs and raisins.

Evenly distribute batter into the muffin cups. Bake for 20 mins, until a tester comes out clean.

Cool completely on a wire rack.

8 comments:

Fun said...

sweetie, i want to see the movie so badly too!!

but god knows when it will be shown here in HK :(

Anonymous said...

LOL! Glad you enjoyed the movie. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about it.

Paz

lululu said...

haha, i did really enjoy the movie, paz. i cant wait for the dvd now.

goldfinc said...

great recipe of course I used fresh madzoon....Delicious.....thanks

lululu said...

goldfinc - thx for stopping by! i'm glad u enjoyed making it. using madzoon is definitely a good idea!

Divina Pe said...

I love figs and this muffin.

lululu said...

divina - thx. welcome to stop by!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.