July 4, 2007

Antipasto Plate @ Okanagan

Apparently I think I'm still too indulged into my getaway trip to Okanagan that I've been too lazy to update my blog.
To celebrate Canada Day, we took a road trip (5-hour drive) to the Okanagan Valley, one of the warmest regions in Canada which frequents with sandy beaches and golf courses. Of course our biggest highlight was the unlimited local wineries which kept us start drinking at 10am every day.

Visiting winery is no more only sipping wines from various locally grown grapes. Those beautifully-built estate wineries provide a mix experience of spectacular view, impeccable service, finest wine and outstanding cuisine.

Our visiting list included "Burrowing Owl Estate Winery". This huge winery building, located in the south Okanagan, comprises of vineyards, wineshop, restaurant and guesthouse. We had a fantastic late lunch at the restaurant overlooking the picturesque vineyard. Its wrap-around valley view, delicious dish, and friendly service just made our patio lunch a perfect bet!

We ordered an antipasto plate accompanied with Burrowing Owl Pinot Noir. Our plate came with thinly sliced prosciutto, hot salami, cherry tomato, giardiniera (olives and pickles), roasted red peppers, goat cheese, mozzarella balls and grilled bread. The Pinot Noir carried a nice bitterness and a touch of fresh crispness. What a wonderful medley of flavors and textures.


The artisan bread and cheese from the plate inspired our itinerary for the next day - Carmelis Goat Cheese Artisan. Welcomed by a bunch of relaxing goats, we were attracted to the cosy and homey cheese shop. They had the best pistachio gelato I've ever had. We've also tasted a dozen of different refined cheeses made from 100% goat milk produced on their dairy. Hm......I miss you, little goat!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, very nice trip! I didn't know you like goat cheese?

Anonymous said...

I've been there last weekend too. It's such a relaxing trip that I stayed at the huge Okanagan Lake for a whole day.

Lily

Judy said...

Sounds like a really fun day!

Monika K said...

What a great blog! Since coming to Germany in March, my interest in wine and wineries has quadrupled - go figure. (-:

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend!

lululu said...

Paul - Oh, yes, I love cheese!!!

Lily, Judy, Monika K - Thanks for visiting my blog. Right, Okanagan is just a fun and relaxing spot for a short getaway. Especially if you like wine!!!!